Friday, April 15, 2011

Ergun Caner-Theo 202-Worship in the Church

Worship is important in the church. Worship allows Christians to get away from the world and turn their focus on God.  We are able to think about the week and see where we have gone wrong. I feel close to God when I am singing to him because I just feel like it is just God and me. Also, I love how the people around me are focus on the same thing and we are sacrificing something in order to be able to worship together. I feel like if there is going to be a band, it should be simple. The reason for that is because the band should be there for the Christians can follow them. Sometimes if the band goes all out they will take the focus off of God and make people follow them. A lot of worship songs say the same things over and over again. I think the reason for that is because that gives a time to reflect on the words and by repeating them we understand what the words mean. The church I go to has an hour to just singing. My pastor said that we do not get what Jesus did for us if we just sing a couple of songs. The more songs we sing the more we are tuned in to God. If we are tuned in on God then we will be able to focus our attention on the pastor and understand what he is trying to teach us. Most churches end with worship songs until the people are dismissed. I do not think that should away be the case. When we sing a closing song, I feel like sometimes we just forget what the pastor just talked about. Sometimes if we end with a closing prayer, I think we would remember what the pastor talked about and it would gear the conversations that we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment